Consistency and money management, like all things, begins in the mind with thought. All of our beliefs, feelings, and behaviors begin in thought. You can create neurological pathways that reinforce the notion that you are capable of managing money well. And practicing these thoughts consistently builds the pathways. Each thought has the capacity to help us follow through with the appropriate behavioral response automatically.
Research has shown that when people are trying to change destructive or negative behaviors, only 20 percent of us are in a ready or action phase to change this behavior. The other 80 percent are really not interested in changing at all and are in fact various stages of ambivalence toward the bad behavior.
When stress is getting you down, take a moment to reflect on all the things you appreciate in your life, including your positive qualities and gifts. This simple strategy of gratefulness can help you keep things in perspective.
My point in all of that is to say that it’s okay to spend your money. It’s your money, you earned it, and you should spend it but, you should also spend it with a plan in mind. My goal is to help you create a spending plan to help you spend your money within some parameters.
All the things we do with money can fit into these three categories. So, it is okay to spend your hard-earned, worked for, money; all I am saying is to plan to spend your money.